Friday, February 13, 2009

Appeasers and Apologists in control...



This much is clear: we will be willing to talk,” Biden said at the Munich Security Conference today. Iran has “a very clear choice: to continue down the current course and there will be continued pressure and isolation. Abandon the illicit nuclear program and your support for terrorism, and there will be meaningful incentives.”


Continued "pressure and isolation" gets the same eye roll out of me that I save for the United Nations when they issue a "strongly worded statement." It means nothing to me...and even less to Iran. In fact, such rhetoric only fuels the Theocratic control.

I rather someone make an off the cuff remark like:

"You know...I'm told that sand will fuse to glass anywhere between 1,022 and 1,472 degrees Fahrenheit. How about that?" Or... "We all know how bad the housing market is right now...even in Iran. That being said, I sure wouldn't build a new house just north of the Straits of Hormuz. No sir...that would be a bad long term investment."

Simply put…offering “meaningful incentives” to a country whose mantra is “Death to America” and “Death to Israel” is akin to paying off a ransom in an overt extortion attempt. Although, I suppose that all depends on your definition of “meaningful incentives.”

My definition does not include candy and gum.