Friday, November 7, 2008

Wanted it More...

I couldn't get overly excited about John McCain. But, I think you would have to admit that the supporters of Obama just wanted it more. The following LINK takes you to a cached Yahoo forum entitled "Drive for Change."

This would appear to be a message board hub where any supporter throughout the country could set up rides, carpools and other forms of transportation to get to the 'important' states in order to 'canvass.'

On a side note, I have to admit that my motive in locating such a communication vehicle was...nefarious. I was curious when I saw the increased participation among voters in New Hampshire. Having lived in Granite State at one time, I knew that unregistered voters could register the same day of a General Election in the Presidential race. Oddly, you see quite a few Massachusetts license plates on election day, and none of the fireworks stands are open.

The cache only goes up to November 2nd...and the site is inaccessible for the great unwashed (such as yours truly)...so I didn't find anything...curious. But, I did gain a valid respect for the behind the scenes work of the grunts on that other side. Whether Republicans have something similar is unknown to me...which is rather the point.

Here's a good example of the dedication of these folks (misguided or otherwise):

(redacted)
Jamaica Plain, 02130
Category: Politics

Website: (redacted)
On 10/11/08 I drove with 3 passengers to the Derry NH office to canvas. I discovered that because of my age (83) and medication I had trouble canvassing for a length of time without access to a bathroom. I would be most useful taking people to NH, which I could do November 2,3, and 4, and myself working out of an office, especially taking people to the polls on Nov 4. The Columbus day traffic was terrible, but I had no trouble driving. It was impossible for me to find a bathroom I could use in Londonderry all that afternoon, which greatly reduced my effectiveness.