Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What the hell are you doin', pal?

I held back from starting this blog until after the General Election. Granted, there was great fodder to be had, and an endless buffet of issues continu which screamed for some sort of commentary. In those moments I turned to my dog. Keisha (the dog) is officially known as a Kuvasz. Unofficially, she is a white mound of fur and drool absolutely mystified by the endless supply of water available to one and all should her inconsiderate ‘master’ slip up and leave the seat vertical on the downstairs toilet.

The thing about dogs is that they don’t have opposable thumbs. Therefore, they have to sit there and listen, provided you close the door to the room before pontification. You don’t get eye rolls of disagreement. Although, I am not blind to the occasional head tilt of disbelief, the yawn of indifference, and an incessant whine of frustration. Think of a furry mime.

I hate mimes! That whole “look at me, I’m stuck in a box” crap gets on my nerves. I did happen upon a herd (unsure of the group designation) of mimes doing a silent protest outside the Exchange one summer afternoon. Picture wild eyed silent types holding up blank signs.

What was their point…you ask?

(shrugs)

What is my point…you ask?

(shrugs)

I suppose this is merely an introduction. Me? I’m fiscally conservative. Correction; I’m fiscally CONSERVATIVE! Socially?…Culturally? Well, I’m all over the board, but I make a supreme effort to support my positions with over-rationalized common sense when I can concoct it.

Keisha is neither conservative or moderate…or liberal, for that matter. She just eats, poops, sleeps and wonders where all that cool refreshing water evolves from. She, also, gives me the head tilt when I end a sentence in a preposition…but what’s she going to do? I control the dog chow and threaten her now and then with a trip to Korea.

Here's the short version: Daily posts...lots of links...unwanted bits of information...unadulturated piling-on the momes and panjandrums of Darwin's follies...and an occasional laugh to lighten the load.