Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Yemen's most prominent export?


I'm beginning to think it is her people.

I scan through the Yemen Times every once in a while for kicks. There is always something interesting going on in a country that has been reported to have three times as many guns as people (disclaimer: UN recently downgraded that number...but it could have been an effort to make the US look more...well...armed).

Regardless...I came across this little section of their online news media that allowed those living abroad to enter in a little blurb to their compatriots.


Name : Ali Aljubani
Currently residing in: USA
E-Mail : (redacted)
Homepage :
Describing him/herself and his/her activites Ali Aljubani Says:
I am a student and business owner in the United States. When I am not working or in school I employ most of my time in the rememberence of the Yemeni motherland. I hope to return permenantly in the future, but I am saddened by the course Yemen is taking. I so wish for Yemen to cleanse itself of its dominating Indian, African, and European minorities who have exploited the country once revered as the pinnacle of arab nobility. I long to return to a Yemen with a distinct arab identity rather than that of an impoverished east African state. Any yemenis who share my sentiment are welcomed to contact me through email to further discuss this topic. I thank yementimes.com for providing yemenis abroad with an effective medium to discuss our love and concern for the motherland.
Submitted On Friday, March 19, 2004 at 08:32:20 (CST) by Ali Aljubani

__________________________________
Name : Saeed Al-Amoudi
Currently residing in: uk
E-Mail : (redacted)
Homepage :
Describing him/herself and his/her activites Saeed Al-Amoudi Says:
Well done Yemen Times for this outstanding opportunity to give all yemenies around the world a chance to send their greeting and keep in touch with others as well and at the same time keep the pace with whats happening around us.
I am yemeni living in the uk, of course proud of Yemeni but so embarassed and upset with the current situation in Yemen. Especially how our government falling to the American trap in return of cash awards.

what people are not realising this is actually creating a big conflict between moderate yemenies and their fellow brothers of religious minded counterpart, I will not call them terrorists or extremists as they are not, everyone has a path and right to say no and yes, isnt that what democracy is all about.?
Lets wake up fellas .


Peace
Submitted On Thursday, December 11, 2003 at 01:46:47 (CST) by Saeed Al-Amoudi


Whoa!!! Didn't see that coming... GENTLEMEN...PLEASE TAKE A STEP BACK FROM THE QURAN...THAT'S IT...TAKE A STEP...BACK...FROM THE QURAN.