Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A "journalist" said this...


Matthew Hoy (Hoystory) has a post today that refers to "angryjournalist.com." The best I can tell, angryjournalist.com is a community whine fest where alleged journalists post their gripes and moans. That, in an of itself is no big deal, I suppose. Everyone deserves a little space now and then to vent. However, Hoystory refers to a very specific post that reflects a telltale mirror of today's "big" media. The bias displayed indicates that some journalists (perhaps most) are not even aware of their own bias. They are THAT obtuse.

Here's my favorite part of the post:

I blame the public schools, frankly. They are not doing enough to teach about the UN, NGOs, and other international forums. They are not training the kids to become citizens of the world first and of the country they were randomly born in second. They are doing a disservice to the world community by over-emphasis on “American” things, Americentrism. It makes me sick. It makes me angry.
I'm quite sure this fellow doesn't even bother mouthing the words of the National Anthem at a ball game. He's too busy wondering why the team chose to fly a pennant flag instead of the United Nations rag.

Hoystory has the whole post, and some other good stuff...so check it out.