Friday, December 19, 2008

I'd be stalling, too...

I had rather...cynically...stated that I didn't think we would ever hear from this guy again.

On November 25th, 2008, Daniel Belanger, a New York-based social entrepreneur, digital designer and accomplished outdoorsman, will set out on a solo expedition to photograph the Earth’s most remote wildlife.
The first leg of the two year journey was a 350 mile open-ocean kayak run from Argentina to the Falkland Islands. Well, I was wrong. We have heard from him again...because...because...because...

HE HASN'T LEFT YET.

In truth, I was joking. I'm actually looking forward to his trek...and keeping tabs on his where-abouts, accomplishments and the anticipated 100,000 photographic images of what was termed in the press release as a "carefully-planned journey." Apparently, time of departure, month of departure...or soon year of departure is not that important.