Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Someone give Chairman Michael Steele a clue.
How difficult would it be for Steele to coordinate a series of nationwide press conferences all scheduled for the same time that included all Republican congressmen, Republican Governors, and invited local Republican State congressmen to make the simple statement that:
1. The Bail Out bonanza was a Democrat throttled legislation that solves nothing...and will increase taxes significantly (or a similar message that your standard third grader can understand)?
2. Point out as taxes increase, it was the Republicans (for the most part) that did not agree with the bail out (the public will be reminded each and every time a new fee evolves or their tax rates increase).
3. Disallow participation by Arlen Specter, Olympia Snow...and the other fence jumpers...instead have likely Republican challengers to their seats do a press conference.
4. Line up localized bloggers from each region to post a video of the press conference in the event that the media tries to ignore or bury it.
5. Prior to setting this up, put together a strategic plan on how the current economic mess should be handled from this point forward...
Finally...and most importantly...
6. DARE THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY TO CHALLENGE ANY AND ALL OF THESE STATEMENTS!
So far, the media has been running interference on behalf of the current administration...and Barney Frank, Chris Dodd etc. At the very least, it will require a response and open a dialogue. Right now, the Democrats look pretty weak due to a non-performing market, and the latest idiocy with AIG. And, each time a new tax pops up, the public will make the association to the bail out nonsense if you explain it in simple enough terms.