Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Miser Follies...

When it comes to winter weather, President Obama just joked, “folks in Washington don’t seem to be able to handle things.”

They need, he added, some “flinty Chicago toughness.”

The President, joking with reporters before a meeting he’s having right now with business leaders at the White House, said he was amazed this morning to hear that his daughters’ school (the private Sidwell Friends) is closed today because of icy streets and sidewalks in the nation’s capital.
Okay...all together now...

I'm Mister White Christmas, I'm Mister Snow. I'm Mister Icicle, I'm Mister Ten Below. Friends call me Snow Miser, whatever I touch... turns to snow in my clutch...I'm too much!
Big finish....let'r rip...

I never want to know a day that's over forty degrees! I'd rather have it thirty, twenty, ten, five, and let it freeze!
That's right...Al Gore is in Washington today...and the Gore Effect is full throttle.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former Vice President Al Gore urged lawmakers Wednesday not to let the economic crisis get in the way of addressing global warming.

Testifying before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, the Nobel Peace Prize winner said Congress should pass President Barack Obama's economic stimulus package as a first step to bringing greenhouse gases under control.

But Gore also pressed for "decisive action" on a bill to cap heat-trapping gases, saying that it is needed for the U.S. to take a leading role in negotiations on a new international climate treaty later this year.
Stop messing with our kids' education, Al.