Saturday, January 10, 2009

And....HE'S OFF!!!


I posted a couple of times previously concerning the "Wild Image Project." It would appear as if Daniel Belanger is finally off and paddling. He notes on his journal that departure was to take place (after a delay) on January 2nd.

The first 350 miles are across open ocean to the Falklands. At first, I commented (in a rather snarky fashion) that I didn't think we'd ever see him again. However, I hope I'm wrong, because this looks like a rather interesting trek regardless of the motivation.

I'm looking forward to what photos he is able to grab...

On November 25th, 2008, Daniel Belanger, a New York-based social entrepreneur, a digital designer and accomplished outdoorsman, will set out on a solo expedition to photograph the Earth’s most remote wildlife. Dubbed “The Wild Image Project,” the carefully-planned journey will produce over 100,000 photographic images that will be shared with the public through books, multimedia projects and speaking engagements promoting the preservation of endangered species and natural settings.
Late...but not forgotten...